Tuesday, September 24, 2013

No Boundaries

Today I had a horrible, no good, very bad day.

My doctor is on vacation this week, so I had to see a different doctor for my weekly check-up.  Monday was a holiday, so the hospital was closed which means Tuesday was very busy.  I had to wait almost two hours to see the doctor.  Then, when I finally did get to see her, she continuously lectured me about my weight gain...even though I have only a few weeks left before baby comes.  She never asked how I was feeling or told me how wonderful baby is doing.  My own doctor is an older Japanese man who smiles and laughs through our visits and constantly says things like "baby good" and "no problem."  I was feeling pretty awful after my long wait and visit.

I then had to wait another almost 3 hours to meet with the midwife to discuss any concerns.  I had to wait a very long time because I had to wait for the translator who was out to lunch.  Leaving the hospital to go home I was emotional, tired, and hungry.  I went to the bus stop and I had just missed the bus so I had to wait another 15 minutes.

Then it started to rain.

And I didn't have an umbrella.

It was light at first...but then it picked up.

That's when a wonderful lady made my day a little bit sunnier.

An Obaasan (Japanese for grandmother/old lady) offered to share her umbrella with me.  We then had a conversation in Japanese.  I honestly have no idea what we were talking about. I told her about the baby and how I was studying Japanese, but it was hard. And I think she said something about Australia.

Then the rain stopped and the bus came.

When the lady got off the bus she waved and smiled to me.

I really felt that in my moment of need, God was present.  I know nothing of this woman, except her kindness.  It didn't matter that we were from different countries and generations, or spoke different languages. God's presence knows no boundaries.    

No comments:

Post a Comment