Thursday, October 29, 2015

Kaimono o shimashou ka! (Let's do shopping!)


I just had to share this picture.  I often had this look on my face when we first moved here.  What dose this box say?  What is this?  How do I make it?  After 3 years in Japan, we can navigate the grocery store very well.  We actually shop at 3-4 different stores.  All stores have the basics, but some shops are less expensive or carry special import items.  We go to the store every day.  This is common in Japan because people buy fresh ingredients.  We also have a very small fridge. (Remember your college dorm? It's about twice the size of that).

We're getting very excited for many upcoming activities.  Last week we celebrated Nozomi's 2nd Birthday with a few of her friends from playgroup.  They really enjoyed carving a pumpkin.  For my birthday I went out to karaoke.  Next week we will go hiking for Erik's birthday.

Our special English Christmas choir has been practicing.  The flyers for our Thanksgiving turkey dinner have gone out.  And Erik and I keep looking at our living room thinking about how we will arrange our furniture for our annual Christmas Party.

The air is full of excitement as we prepare for the birth of our Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment