Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Christmas Preparations

I made the mistake of telling my toddler the nativity story. She loved it.  Sheep, twinkly stars, presents, and a cute cuddly baby.  She now expects there to be a live newborn baby at Christmas Eve service.  I'll just add that to my to-do list.

This week leading up to Christmas was going to be low-key, but it's getting packed with Christmas festivities.  Monday we woke up and watched the Packers while eating green french toast made by the little one.  Then I ventured out and showed the new J3 the international market.

Today we took a trip to Costco and IKEA.  We don't have a car, so we bring a large suitcase on the train.  It takes us about 1 hour and 30 minutes to get there because of elevators and transfer trains. we at meatballs at 10:30am because they looked so delicious. We decided to get a turkey for New Year's Eve and Erik carried it home in my backpack.

Tomorrow I'm going to take Nozomi to the aquarium to see Santa.  I also read there is a Sea Lion show where they preform to handbells.  She'll love it.  Then we are going to eat curry for lunch and head to Toys R Us.

We have a guest staying with us for a few days, so I'm going to clean the house on Thursday and prepare room in our inn.  Erik is going to take Nozomi to her favorite place: A-so-bo-no, an indoor play park.

Friday we have an international potluck at playgroup.  I love potlucks with our international community.  They are scrumptious.

We have a day of rest on Saturday (maybe a good day to bake the 200 cookies I need for Monday), and then our marathon to Christmas Eve begins on Sunday with a large congregation worship and party.

It seems stressful and busy, but we love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment